At the heart of the Wallmansthal project is the establishment of an Integrated Socio-Economic Sustainable Settlement in a collaborative effort with all stakeholders, with a mix of land uses ranging from medium density human settlements to diverse agricultural, tourism and commercial establishments and mining.
The technical and social committees are involved in negotiations with different stakeholders including:
1. The Nguni Cattle project in conjunction with the Industrial Development Corporation.
2. Prospective Wallmansthal fluorspar mine in conjunction with Sephaku Holdings.
3. Facilitation of Public participation sessions between the community in conjunction with the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform to ensure that claimants receive title deeds and successful relocation to Wallmansthal
P O S T I N G S
R E C E N T
Minister of Rural Development and Land Reform,Hon.Mr Gugile Ernest Nkwinti on the 23rd April 2014 in Wallmansthal made the following :
1.He indicated that all claimants must receive their title deeds, ie, irrespective of option chosen.
- He instructed that when the new claims are lodged, the Reference
Group should assure him that they will manage the process, in the light of new claims to be lodged up to 2018.
3.He showed agreement with the development of Wallmansthal as one geographic entity, including Wallmansthal at the Military Base, Jericho, Buffelsdrift and Haakdooringlaagte.
- He advised that the governing structure should be separated from the Investment and Development entity, to avoid conflicts of interest
5.He affirmed that choices for options of development should be discussed by persuasion within the community.
6.He indicated that operational resources are not easy to source, inasmuch as other Ref Grps, such as in District Six, also did not get money.
WALLMANSTHAL LAND RESTITUTION PROJECT
MINISTER OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND LAND REFORM REMARKS